Become a Member
Are you interested in embedding Dynamic Accountability into your organisation? If your organisation meets our requirements listed below, you can apply for membership.
If you are interested in becoming an Accountable Now Member, please contact Rocio Moreno Lopez at email@example.com, copying in our institutional email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Accountable Now’s Board reviews all applications and has the final decision regarding membership.
Membership is available for all CSOs who:
- Undertake operational and/or advocacy activities in the public interest on issues that benefit the environment, society as a whole or a group in particular, as well as foundations contributing to the funding of such activities.
- Have a mission and mandate that require the organisation to work predominantly internationally, or to work on international issues. Organisations with a national work focus are only eligible for Membership if they work in countries where no equivalent national accountability framework is available.
- Have activities and management practices which are consistent with and supportive of the vision, purpose and objectives of Accountable Now;
- Will embrace, comply with and promote the Accountable Now Accountability Commitments (as amended from time to time) in its entirety;
- Have been in existence with due diligence (valid legal registration, published annual reports and annual externally audited account) for at least three years;
- Have a complaints handling mechanism for internal and external complaints in place or give written consent that it will be fully implemented by the time the first Accountability Report is submitted;
- Apply for Accountable Now Membership in the form required by the Board;
- Are approved by a majority of 75% of the Board
- Fulfil all Membership obligations (see following tab)
Work with us
At Accountable Now we believe it is time to fundamentally change approaches to accountability in the civil society sector. Accountability needs to be based on a truly global understanding and it needs to move from a passive reporting exercise to a tool that promotes active stakeholder engagement.
This can only happen with a strong network of partners. We team up with experts from within and outside the sector and thought-leaders from across the world. We encourage all networks, organisations or individuals interested in partnering with us to advance to agenda of Dynamic Accountability to get in touch.