Terms and Conditions
Welcome to our website. If you continue to browse and use this website, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use. If you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website.
The term ‘Accountable Now’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is c/o MACHWERK in der Alten Münze, Am Krögel 2, 10179 Berlin, Germany. Our company registration number is HRB 212396B. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies?
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Accountable Now collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (name, email address, employer, country of residence)
- We may also collect other personal information data such as social media profiles, passport information (when we are organising your flights and/or visa) and information related to your accessibility needs or dietary requirements.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Accountable Now with this data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online for our events, webinars, workshops and peer advice groups
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback via our feedback and complaints mechanism
- Register online to receive our newsletter
How will we use your data?
Accountable Now collects your data so that we can:
- Communicate with participants to our events, webinars or peer advice groups
- Send you our quarterly newsletter and other marketing emails
How do we store your data?
Accountable Now securely stores your data on our server, hosted by Google servers in the USA. However, due to the activation of IP anonymisation on these websites, your IP address will previously be shortened by Google within Member States of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website use and Internet use.
Please note that data submitted through this our registration forms will be stored on servers owned by Amazon Web Services, based in Ireland. Amazon Web Services, Inc. participates in the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks. Click here to learn more
Accountable Now will keep the personal information you provide us for five years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by permanently removing it from our server. This does not apply for the name and email addresses collected via our newsletter subscription.
Accountable Now would like to send you information about products and services that we think you might be interested in.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Accountable Now from contacting you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Accountable Now would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – you have the right to request Accountable Now for copies of your personal data.
- The right to rectification – you have the right to request that Accountable Now correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Accountable Now to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – you have the right to request that Accountable Now erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – you have the right to request that Accountable Now restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – you have the right to object to processing – you have the right to object to Accountable Now’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that Accountable Now transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at: Accountable Now
c/o MACHWERK in der Alten Münze
Am Krögel 2
10179 Berlin, Germany
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org
- Understanding how you use our website
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser to not accept cookies and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Some websites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”), 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, USA. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, due to the activation of IP anonymisation on these websites, your IP address will previously be shortened by Google within Member States of the European Union or in other signatory states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide the website operator with further services associated with website use and Internet use. The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data. Google Analytics data may not be passed on without the customer’s consent, unless special circumstances such as legal requirements exist.
You can also prevent Google from collecting the data generated by the cookie and relating to your use of the website (including your IP address), and from processing these data by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link:
For further information on the collection and use of data by Google and your rights to protect your privacy, please refer to the data protection information at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
How to contact us
Please contact at our email: email@example.com
Or write to us at: Accountable Now
c/o MACHWERK in der Alten Münze
Am Krögel 2
10179 Berlin, Germany
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Accountable Now has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the European Data Protection Supervisor. All information on how to contact the EDPS can be found here.
Limitation of liability
The content of our website was compiled with all possible care; however, neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website also includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to Accountable Now. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics.
Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
In case you have any questions about this website, the content or terms and conditions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
All content © INGO – International NGO Accountability Charter gUG, all rights reserved, or as stated on web pages.