Accountable Now is a global platform that supports civil society organisations (CSOs) to be transparent, responsive to stakeholders and focused on delivering impact. Our 27 Member Organisations such as Amnesty, BRAC, CARE, Greenpeace, Oxfam, Plan, Restless Development and Transparency International operate in more than 150 countries. Together we develop and implement cutting edge practices to strengthen CSO relationships with communities, partners, activists, staff or donors to deliver better impact. To this end, we devise new concepts and run webinars, workshops and peer advice groups. Annually, we assess reports by all our Members with the internationally-recognised experts of the Independent Review Panel. As our Membership and global collaborations increase we build a vibrant community of practice and a strong voice for civil society across the world.
The Accountable Now Secretariat has been hosted by the International Civil Society Centre in Berlin (Germany) since 2010. The Centre works with international CSOs to help them maximise their impact for a sustainable and more equitable world. Accountable Now is currently looking for a Student Assistant to support the team.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Supporting the daily work of the Programme Manager and Programme Officer in coordinating the Accountable Now Secretariat, preparation and follow up of meetings, organisation of calls and business trips, contact / invitation management, diary/calendar management, etc.
- Supporting general office administration such as updating our database/CRM, membership registry, and digital and physical filing structures
- Maintaining Accountable Now’s website – including regular updates and completing the new resource section/Good Practice collection
- Fulfilling other tasks assigned by team members
- Enrolment in an ongoing study programme in a relevant field (“Immatrikulationsbescheinigung”)
- Some work experience (e.g. internship) in the civil society sector and knowledge of office administration
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); some experience with Twitter and website administration (e.g. WordPress) is an asset
- Very good administration and event management skills, ability to work under pressure with focus and to meet tight deadlines
- Diligent, reliable and focused way of operating with strong attention to detail
- Strong teamwork skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in English
- A 12-month contract as “geringfügige Beschäftigung”, with the possibility of extension
- A thorough insight into the management and governance of the world’s leading CSOs as well as a sound understanding of the challenges they face and ways to improve their accountability and impact
- The opportunity to be part of a young, international, dynamic and ambitious organisation with enthusiastic colleagues supporting the world’s largest ICSOs
Working hours: 8 hours per week (20% FTE)
Holidays: 5 days p.a.
Salary: 11,30 EUR per hour (before tax)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Starting date: As soon as possible
Your application should:
- consist of a CV and cover letter expressing your motivation, capturing why you are a suitable candidate for this position (in English);
- indicate where you heard about this vacancy;
- be submitted through this online application form by 21 May 2017.
Please submit your application in one PDF-document, stating your name and the job reference “Student Assistant – Accountable Now” in the document title.
Interviews will take place on 29 and 31 May 2017 in Berlin. Please note that we can only contact short-listed candidates.
We look forward to receiving your application!